Monday, February 28, 2011

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Dream Buttercream

A dear friend of mine from the UK posted a pic of these yummie looking/sounding cupcakes & mentioned they tasted like Reece's Peanut Butter Cups...well right there I knew I needed to make some. It's such a simple recipe & she sent me the recipe for the frosting...I didn't actually take pics of the process, sorry! But let me tell you they do taste like Reece's! Thanks so much Karen!


The recipe is really simple...
 
Make your favorite Chocolate Cake recipe or use a box mix...that's what I did this time around because I was too impatient to go to the store to buy all the ingredients LOL 
I had a Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge box mix in our pantry.

I was able to make 12 large cupcakes & 24 mini cupcakes from one box mix. I filled the cupcake liners almost to the very top so they would make for a pretty presentation.

Once cooled, I then used Karen's recipe for the frosting...
 1 cup butter softened
 1 cup creamy peanut butter
 3 cups powdered sugar
 2 teaspoons vanilla
 3 tablespoons whole milk or heavy cream

Cream butter & peanut butter. Add powdered sugar. Mix on high for 1 minute, until combined. Add vanilla & milk/cream. I used the simple method of a ziploc bag & a large pastry tip. Pipe the frosting in a spiral. The little candy cups on top I found at our local Dollar Tree store in their candy aisle. They are actually filled with chocolate & expresso. They made the perfect final touches to these amazingly tasty cuppie cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment